Friday, October 24, 2008

The Rebirth

So this is me. I'm starting a new blog for a new point in my life. I sit here with all twenty-four-years-ten-months-one-week-and-five-days of life, experience, existence, being, etc... and with my thoughts. This is what I have to offer. This is what I want to offer. This is the first step on my journey to me. Well, maybe not the first step, but a step nonetheless.

I am a writer with what, of late, seems to be an aversion to writing.

I am putting an end to that today.

So what am I? Who am I? I am, like Jill Scott's album, beautifully human. I am a work in progress. I am a lover of women, of love, of self. I am a feminist... a Black feminist. I am intelligent. I am a thinker. I am falling... I am a mother. A good one. I am one. I am communal. I am ready...

So this is the beginning. I'm looking at 25 and I am choosing to live. And for me, choosing to write is choosing life. Write to life... (I am pro-choice :) just had to clear that up...) I am seizing the day! Living the 4th!

I am grateful. Grateful to so many who came before, during, or will come after my existence, but who have added to it, nurtured it, gave me room to grow, grow, grow. I am growing, going, spreading my wings. I am flying, no I am that little bird on the edge of the nest, waiting, wanting, wishing to fly... I have flown, but I guess I want to soar... Tweedly deeeeeeee...

I am silly. I laugh. Often. I smile too... and yes, sometimes it's to mask my tears. Sometimes it's to quell them.

I am passionate. I live for love. Love is my god. God is love. We all are capable of love. If we all did, damn... I exist in the throws of emotion, I crave it, I need it, it is my food. Yummy food. And I love to eat.

I think, no I am... finished. For now.

No comments: