Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Random Things...

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.

Ok... so I've been tagged several times recently on Facebook and here thought I would go ahead and play along... Here goes...

1. This is the third time I've attempted to do this but each time it's mysteriously deleted... I wonder if it will work this time or if the gods are trying to tell me that my life is not interesting enough to post 25 things about... we shall see...

2. I tend to think really dry, really negative things are funny and so I often appear to be more depressed than I really am... does that make sense?... basically I have a really wierd sense of humor that involves laughing at the misfortune of others and myself... hahaha! I'm also usually laughing at folks in my head... but I'm a really nice person.. I promise! :)

3. My 25 things will likely be 25 paragraphs as I am extremely long winded or more acurately long worded as I tend to be somewhat quiet in person.

4. I'm a writer of non-fiction, fiction and occasionally poetry... I'm an artist and I'm sensitive about my shit... :) really sensitive.

5. I hate my job and at this point I don't care who knows... believe me I am formulating my escape plan... daily.

6. I've lost some friends and gained some great ones in the last few years... I thrive on friendship and connections with others and I love my village and all of my friends!!!

7. I am incredibly silly and often make myself laugh. I sometimes wonder if I will grow out of said silliness by the time I'm like 37... I hope not.

8. Both my daughter and I have Arabic names and both of us have fathers who practice Islam... and we're both Black women... haha way to state the obvious...

9. I waiver between really wanting another child and sticking with the lovely one I have. I do know that I love being pregnant and want to experience that again at some point... maybe I will be a surrogate.

10. Not to brag or anything... but I think I'm pretty brilliant... well I know I am.

11. Here's a haiku... sort of: I love to sing.
I am not a good singer.
I sing all the time.

12. When I was in high school I secretly dreamed of being an actress and used to practice my Academy Award acceptance speech often.

13. I love knowing random facts... and spend hours online reading about random things... like the time I spent the afternoon at work reading about rivers and streams on Wikipedia. I like to think I'm preparing to win thousands on Jeopardy one day.

14. I have a strange affinity for bodies of water.

15. I love adjectives and really vivid descriptions and words and language. Right now I love words that begin with L, (hahaha L Words!) like lilting, lovely, lyrics, love, lesbian... they roll off the tongue so nicely!

16. I am very passionate and I cry easily... especially when watching movies... I was messed up after watching the Hours, seriously, couldn't stop crying for like an hour afterwards.

17. I want to be the next bell hooks/patricia hill collins/oprah/aishah shahidah simmons/rebecca walker... basically a brilliant ass black woman writer/activist/feminist/queer/thinker.

18. I love music and art! I consider myself to be somewhat of an artist...

19. I really like to debate/discuss.

20. I have an obsession with reading and books... I can be a compulsive book buyer.

21. I love my apartment, but hate it at the same time. I'll probably be moving soon...

22. I plan to go back to school to finish my Bachelor's in Journalism in March (see escape plan in #5)

23. I think my daughter is hilarious and destined for greatness... she wants to be either a Mommy-Dancer or a Mommy-Doctor.

24. I am astonishingly unorganized.

25. I'm quirky, some may say weird... I embrace it all. I like to fancy myself a free spirit!

No comments: