Sunday, February 24, 2008

On Oral Sex, Bubble Gum and Flying Solo

"Eeny, meeny, miny mo, how many bitches in the club won go..."

What has the world come to? This has got to be the stupidest song I have ever heard in my life! For those who are blessed not to know of what I speak, I'm referring to yung Joc's new single, "I Know You See It". The lyrics are laughable. It must be a joke, because me and my friends sure do laugh every time it comes on the radio (which in Cincinnati is like every other song). I'm not sure if this is the intended reaction, but it sure works for me.

This song really bugs me. It's not the blatant mysogyny or the nursery school rhymes, that get me though, it's this line right here:

"I'm like bim bam I know you want some, chewing on the pussy like a piece of bubble gum ..."

What the fuck? Can someone please tell me why I want someone chewing on my pussy like bubble gum? That shit would hurt! I hear women and girls alike blasting this mess, and I wonder if they're really listening. I mean seriously, do you really want someone knawing on your vulva? Ewww yuck!

Someone needs to sit poor Ms. B down and explain to her that it doesn't have to be that way. Oral sex can be very wonderful and pleasureful and not painful at all. In fact, if some poor, ignorant soul is inflicting pain whilst attempting to please you orally, simply remove said person's face from your woman parts and kindly ask them to leave or perhaps teach them how to please you. No need to rap about it.

Perhaps Ms. B likes it like that though. Maybe she's a masochist. If so, she should kindly disregard any advice from people like myself, who can't stomach this particular type of pain, and continue to do as she pleases.

I really respect that, the notion of doing what one pleases, in this case, sexually. My friend told me the other night that she believes every woman should own a vibrator and masturbate. I wholeheartedly agree. Every woman should know how to please herself, because not only is it fun, it's liberating, too. It's not healthy to rely on others for one's personal satisfaction, sexual or otherwise. I've learned that Beyonce's, "Me, Myself and I" is on point, because how can you expect someone else to please you if you can't please yourself?

But I digress. Yung Joc's, "I Know You See It," is a silly little diddy (pun intended) that led me to reflect on women and our sexuality, and for that I am grateful. It also allows me and my girls a good laugh, which is always a good thing in my book. So, kudos to Yung Joc on inspiring one woman to handle her business alone!

No comments: